Sunday, March 25, 2018

Blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy Mat 6:7


Psalm 51:1-4

Have mercy on me, £ O God,

according to your steadfast love;

according to your abundant mercy

blot out my transgressions.

  Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,

and cleanse me from my sin!

  For I know my transgressions,

and my sin is ever before me.

  Against you, you only, have I sinned

and done what is evil in your sight,

so that you may be justified in your words

and blameless in your judgment.

 

Psalm 55:1

Give ear to my prayer, O God,

and hide not yourself from my plea for mercy!

 

 

People cry out for mercy.

The Canaanite Woman

The father whose son has seizers

Blind Bartimaeus

The people sitting on the hillside listening to Jesus

 

The merciful will receive mercy

In a world without mercy Jesus tells the people that they will receive mercy from God. The religious leaders taught extreme accountability before God, not mercy.

Matthew 12:7 And if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. (Jesus quoting Hose 6:6)

 

Matthew 6:12 “forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors”

 

Matthew 6:14 “For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

 

Matthew 18:1-34 the wicked servant
Matthew 18:35 “So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

 

The person who forgives is the person who is forgiven

The person who shows mercy is the person who receives mercy.

Are you a merciful person, a forgiving person?

Maybe today you are thinking of someone you are not showing mercy to, someone you have not forgiven.

God has promised Blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment