Sunday, August 3, 2014

Philippians 3:4-14 “What is your story”


Philippians 3:4-14  “What is your story”

Often we look at the Bible, read a book, or hear a story of salvation on the radio. Peter, James and John called to follow Jesus by the sea shore, Zacchaeus up his tree, or Matthew at the tax table. Martian Luther was struck in the head by a bolt of lightning. Our story seems to pale and boring to share. Yet it is our story of Jesus that has the most power. At Ticatie Mission, a little church in near the Mexican border the pastor would get up and point a finger at someone and ask for their testimony. They would have to get up and tell their story of Jesus.

Girls in the pool during a thunder storm

A man on the side of the road (family issues)

The woman and the offering

The man who always knew Jesus

The navy seal under a gun boat that just exploded

All stories of Jesus have some things in common. They are amazing stories of grace, and you have one too. I invite you to listen to Paul’s story, outline your own and discover the grace God has given you.

1.       I am not ok
a. Vs 5-6 Paul had all the right stuff
b. The road to Damascus vs 9:1-6
c. you mean I am not ok
d. Romans 3:23
e. How, what, where, when, who, of when you realized you needed Jesus.

2.       Scales feel off my eyes
a. vs 9:17&18
b. Lord Jesus forgive me a sinner

3.       Living for Him
a. Vs 3:7-11 Living for Jesus

b. I leave my best behind so I can hold onto Jesus

c. rock climbing rescue (I can’t hold on any longer) I have to trust the rope.

 

What’s your story of Jesus; perhaps it starts long long ago. Or maybe it has just started today. Perhaps your somewhere in the middle. Write your story down, it is one of the most powerful things in the world. Your story could just change someone eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment